Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." - Ephesians 2:10


This verse recently stuck out to me and I liked it so much I hung it up above my desk so I can read it every day. Not only does this verse help us realize our dignity and who we are in Christ, but it also helps us understand the mission He has in store for us. As the verse says, we are God's masterpiece. This doesn't mean we are just an afterthought or an accident of His, but we are His masterpiece! How incredible is that! A masterpiece is carefully planned, put together with so much thought and love, and after it is completed, it is admired by all, but especially by the one who created it. I told a story to the high schoolers at Totus Tuus this summer that my friend had shared with me. While she was at Adoration one day, there was a little boy in the pew in front of her. He was coloring and working really hard to make his artwork just right. When he had finished, the little boy held up his drawing and admired it. He smiled at it and held it up in different lights to truly admire what he had created. He delighted in it, and could see an expression of himself in it. In the same way, God looks at us, His beloved masterpieces. He delights in us and holds us up to see us in different lights. And He can see an expression of Himself in us! This is so exciting!! The second part of the verse addresses what we are called to do. Because we have become new in Christ, we are able to accomplish the good things that He has planned for us to accomplish. It is only when we find our identity and worth in Christ that we are able to work for His good. This week I challenge you to see yourself in God's mirror. Rather than focus on the how we see ourselves, let us see ourselves as the beloved children God has created us to be. 

This week's saint quote comes from St. Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower: 

"It is your arms, Jesus, which are the lift to carry me to heaven. And so there is no need for me to grow up. In fact, just the opposite: I must stay little and become less and less." 

May God bless you abundantly this week! I am praying for you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment