Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised." - Psalm 113:3


I think this verse serves as a really great reminder to me. When we take a step back to think about it, God is truly SO good to us! Not only did He create us completely out of love, He gives us the gift of each new day, family and friends, everything we need throughout our day, each beautiful sunset or sunrise, He created nature for our enjoyment, and He allows us to receive His very self into ourselves in the Eucharist every day if we wish! God is SO good to us! Praise Him! But all too often, I think we all get caught up in our every day lives. I know I am guilty of this much too often. We forget to thank the One who gave us the reason to live and the reason to laugh. But as this verse says, we should be praising the Lord all the day long! Some days I'm lucky if I remember to even spend time in prayer! But one thing I strive for in my every day life is to keep an attitude of gratitude. It sounds somewhat cheesy, but there is some truth to it, in that when we are constantly striving to praise God for His goodness and to see the gifts and love He is lavishing upon us, we will have thankful hearts. This week I challenge you to have a thankful heart! Praise the Lord all the day long! At the end of the day, make a list of things you are thankful for from that day. All praise be to God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment