Thursday, March 22, 2012

"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Sometimes, it can be really hard, or scary, to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. It's not always what is the most popular thing to do, and sometimes it really takes humility to stand up for what you believe. But in this verse, St. Paul is telling us that God has not made us to be afraid, He has made us to have power, love, and discipline in Him! I know whenever I hear this verse I am comforted, because there are just situations where I just wouldn't be able to stand true on my own. But with Christ's power within us, a power that conquered and triumphed over death itself, there is truly nothing to be afraid of. This week, I challenge you to be not afraid, for you have Christ within you! 

I hope you have a wonderful week! God bless you always! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment